Saturday, December 17, 2011

How are my parakeets getting out of their cage?

This started along time ago when i found one of my parakeets under my mawn lower ivr had him for over a month when i found him and another parakeet got out but we couldnt find her but we found feathera under our gates. Well we found jack under the mawn mower as i said when i found him i got him and put him in an extra little cage that i had in spare one i put him i saw him with half of his feathers ripped off :c he survived and is now fully healthy. A few months later that same bird got out again and we found my dog holding him with his paws ready to check but luckyly he was fine. Now one month later my lutino parakeet kelly got put and found her in my dogs paws asswell lucky she was fine she was miasobg two tail feathers. After that another of my parakeeta got out her name is sky and we found her hopping around fine. Now today my lutono parakeey got out today we couldnt find her we saw some of her feathers on my backyard grass. I coulsnt find her so i finally gave up right until i saw my dog sniff near a plant. I went to look over their and i found her, my lutino parakeet, dead. I got pulled her out and noticed she was very bloody. Notice: i wasnt home at the time i had recwntly came back from a store called dark realm records. She missing half of her body feathers. I also gave her a proper burriel and will never forgwt this day. But the question is how do they keep getring out i have them in a homemade cage about 5 feet wide and 5 feet tall the wire around that cage is chicken wire but they can barely fit their head through and the hole is smaller than their body. We checked for holes and their was nothing. Im so confused.|||well when i first read the title an answer immediately came to my mind. cuase the same thing happended to me when i got new parakeets. they had escaped the cage, and the reason was that two of the bars of the cage were bended and they squeezed thru. but in the end of your explnation you said there werent any holes in the cage u keep ur birds in. i suggest you check a few more times for any bends in the bars or any large holes. another thing that cudve happened (also happened to me) is that your budgie may be able to open one of the doors of the cage. like you know the food slot? where you put in the water and seeds? if they are the kind that you have to pull up to make space for the container then that just might be it. my parakeet cud slide up the door with his beak and get out before the door slid down again. amazing, yea. then u wudnt even know whether he opened the door or not. so my advice is to lock all the doors with string or something. a good locking thing wud be those small thin wires that have plastice wrap around them that are used to close gocery bags and stuff. those are really strong and stay in place well.


yep, so thats from my experience with parakeets and i hope i helped!|||If your birds can get their heads thru the chicken wire, they can get their bodies through. Make them a safe cage, with hardware cloth, and you won't have to worry about them getting out. If you can't protect your birds or any animals that you have, you need to give them to someone who WILL.

No comments:

Post a Comment