Saturday, December 17, 2011

My wife need IVF to have a baby?

I have a child from another relationship i am now married about 1 month and my wife wants a baby no problem but it has to be via IVF and i dont mind but i dont want to rush the thing is that was fine until we went to the doctor and wast told the we can get into a program and save 1/2 the money our health insurance does not cover IVF, we went to the doctor just to get info and do the pre check and now she wants to start the process but there was no plan to have a child this soon and she feels that since i have a child i can care less that is not the case, I am 38 and she is 33 i want to at least enjoy being married before having a child she feel we can get it for 1/2 price IVR so we show forget other plans and spend the money we have also remmeber ivr is a 50/50 chance that it will work (on anyone) if it dont work then what ? i say to wait i know it's 1/2 price but this needs to be plan out, what r your take ?|||I agree with the first answer, but I also want to let you know that if IVF is the only way for her to get pregnant, then you should get started right away. She is 33 and the longer you wait her chances of conceiving with IVF will be less as she gets older. My husband and I decided to wait to have kids. I was 31 when got married. and at 33 decided to start trying to conceive our first. After a year of trying, we sought care from a RE and after testings and a few IUI realized that I have a blocked fallopian tube and will have to do IVF. So now I am 35 and will be starting IVF. My husband and I both regret waiting this long, cause my chances are now less at 35 rather than when I was 31 when we got married. I am not telling you to rush into things, but these are somethings that you may want to consider. And, yes, IVF is 50/50. There is no guarantee, You will have to keep doing IVF or do frozen embryo transfers, until she gets pregnant. I dont have any insuance and have been paying for everything out of pocket.|||this is something you two need to talk about. is she really sure





the ivf process is very overwhelming.





this isn't about being able to save money on ivf. a baby is not like going to the store and buying an item that u didn't even want and u get it only because its on sale.|||Well you both need to be in agreement to do it because otherwise one of you will end up having regrets about it later. But I wonder what more do you want to "plan out" about it? I can understand that you want to enjoy being married, but also I can better understand why your wife feels the rush. At 33 as a woman you start feeling like your time is running out, and the studies show that the rate of birth defects increases after 35. I'm not sure how long you have been together before being married, but I think it's pretty normal that a woman would want to start working on a family right away after marriage. From her point of view I can see what she means about you already having a child so you don't have the same kind of feelings at all. I guess this is something you two need to get figured out out right now, because if not it's going to drive you apart. I'd also just like to point out that there is no "right time" for having a child. In my own case, my husband was exactly the same thinking as you, we married young and he wanted us to wait until we had bought a house, had a certain amount of money in the bank, etc, etc.......then finally I convinced him it was time, and we got pregnant right away, everything was perfect until at mt 40 week checkup, the baby had died. Since then he has admitted that he was wrong and if he had to do it over we would start having kids right away. My point to you is just to consider that the timing will never be right, it's just one of those things that you have to just jump into. I am now 32 and trying to get pregnant again, so I can relate to your wife's impatience.

No comments:

Post a Comment