Monday, December 12, 2011

How do i tell my mom i cut myself?

my mom had my brother and I at a young age(not TWINS) and I've been through a lot 2 much 2 list like... moving more times than I cn count ,my dad not being there in my life actually hearing him tell me he HATES me when I was 8.....I also have some family members whod pop pills when I wus younger...but my mom did the best she could but this


us the least of what ivr expirienced....





NOW for the cutting I am 13 .....I had/have all this pain and I one day out of just plain curiosity grabbed a knife ....I still sadly do somtimes ...I knw its wrong and I DON'T WANT TO DIE....I only have one persons who knws my friend Amber..but I really want to tell my mom its just when I look at her I cnt bring myself to it I cnt even make my mouth say the simple sentence (I cut myself.) ....so how do I tell her I fear shell think I'm crzy and put me away ....but again I WANT to stop and get better and I DON'T WANT TO DIE but agian how do i tell that's for any answes and sorry for long question|||Hey, if you want to talk to me, please do. I've cut myself, and almost been in the same situation as you. contact me through my page. Tell her carefully, but don't expect a good reaction. As I said, I'm here for you if you need to talk|||I have told my mother I cut so I can understand how you feel. It is great that you want to share with her. I understand your reservations. It is likely she won't understand but I don't think she will put you away. She will probably try and learn about it. It isn't her place to understand it is her place to help you get the right kind of help so you can be safe. Maybe you can try a letter. I just came right out and told my mother and it wasn't easy but it was the least of what I had to say to her. For me it was kind of a tell all session in which i totally blew my mother mind. In fact she didn't believe me. It hurt but it didn't matter because she took me to get help.|||First off, realizing you do have a problem is a big step, so pride yourself for understanding you do it as an outlet rather than to actually cause harm. This is however, a serious issue and needs to be addressed immediately! Working on Mental Health Unit I see this daily. The first thing you need to do is sit down with your mom and tell her that you have a problem and in order for you to tell her she needs to remain calm. Explain to her exactly how you have explained it here. If you are currently seeing a psychiatrist you need to contact them immediately through their answering service. If you are not seeing anyone, you need to be brave and tell her you need to go to an Urgent Care/ER immediately for a psychiatric evaluation. This sounds super scary but they will help you in the long run. No one will judge you or think you are crazy. They will set you up from there on getting help. Best Wishes and Good Luck! Remember...even though you are not trying to hurt yourself...you are doing more damage then you realize|||Whenever I have problems, I sit my mom down tell her I have to talk to her and write her a note how I feel, what is happening, and why I'm feeling that way. I'm a very quiet person so that helps me out a lot. She will understand. Hope it works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment