Monday, December 12, 2011

I am looking for an IT solution for anouncing visitors using computer technology.?

My boss is thinking about a touch screen that a visitor would use to select one of our sections (Enforcement, Licensing, etc.) and/or a type in a staff members name to announce their arrival. The touch screen would have to interface with our email, a phone line or a pager to announce the individual. I have seen and heard of this type of technology but am not sure exactly what it might be called...I was thinking of an electronic receptionist but not getting my information when I look for this. It is similar to an IVR phone system only it works with email/messaging...it would most likely be located in a kiosk type computer. Any information that could be spared to me regarding this would greatly be appreciated. Thanks.|||Point of Sale units is what they are called.

No comments:

Post a Comment